Have you already got your Christmas menu planned? No… perhaps your still deciding. Well then maybe I can help you decide with these recipes, a few from my own recipe collection and my favourite bloggers.
Given the weather that we had in Adelaide this past week (around the 40 degrees mark) I suspect it will be quite a warm Christmas in which case my latest shared recipes will be perfect because they don’t require any baking and can be made in advance.
However if you are looking for something a little more traditional then I’m sharing with you some of the best Christmas recipes from some of my favourite bloggers and recipe creators.
Nibbles or entrée
- Don’t make the mistake of filling up before the main course so keep it simple with a platter with raw vegetables, beetroot hommus, seed crackers and rosemary grain free crackers (from Jo Anderson at The Luminous Kitchen).
- And Spicy nut and seed mix by Vanessa Vickery at Becomingness
- Swap the traditional turkey roast by serving turkey roulade (steamed in the varoma) with cranberry sauce or this roast chicken with cranberry stuffing (thanks to The Merrymaker Sisters) with cauliflower mash, Brussel sprouts, and seasonal roast vegetables.
- Beat the heat with a seafood feast of Asian style prawn skewers (from LalasKitchen) and spiced squid. Add cold sliced roast turkey and leg ham to add a bit of variety and serve with an abundance of fresh salads including this peanut and soba noodle slaw (from Festive Flavours Thermomix cookbook).
- Aussie BBQ, a selection of grilled meats served with a simple coleslaw, quinoa tabouli (or swap quinoa for cauliflower rice) and grain free bread rolls.
- Grain free ginger bread biscuits by Jo Whitton at Quirky Cooking
- Gluten free cacao Christmas cake by Kim Morrison at Twenty 8
- Christmas fruit mince pies by Pete Evans
- My mums amazing Christmas pudding, no joke the best I’ve tried
- Cashew cream (to go with your Christmas pudding or mince pies).
- Or for something a bit more refreshing try this lemon and lime cheesecake
- Want a sparkling but avoiding the champagne? then try a kombuha spritzer (half kombucha, half soda water) with a couple of sliced strawberries instead
- Almond or coconut milk eggnog by Helen Padarin at Nourish-ed
- Sugar free mulled wine by the team at I Quit Sugar
- No-booze blueberry mojito also from I Quit Sugar
Hope you enjoy choosing your menu