It is finally starting to warm up in South Australia and all around me I’ve been hearing sighs of relief that Winter is over. I love green smoothies but in winter they kind of lose their appeal when its 2 degrees outside and the fire isn’t cranking when get out of bed. Now that its getting warmer I’m enjoying adding healthy smoothies back into my diet. This one in particular is a favorite because not only does it taste great but it contains green vegetables, healthy fat from the avocado and a touch of sweetness from the apple.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 granny smith apple (increase if you want extra sweetness)
- 3 large cos lettuce leaves
- About 1 tablespoon of whole mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon flesh (rind removed)
- 1 cup coconut water
- Ice cubes (I used 10)
- 1 tablespoon great lakes collagen powder (omit if vegan)
- Coconut flakes or chia seeds to serve (optional)
Add all ingredients to a powerful blender or thermomix and blend on high (speed 8 for thermomix) for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Pour into a glass or 2, sprinkle with coconut flakes or chia seeds and serve.