If you are after a low carb (and calorie) alternative to creamy comforting mashed potatoes then this is the recipe for you. Even if you aren’t a fan of cauliflower I would encourage you to try this, you may be a fan after all.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Sea salt and pepper
- Optional: 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Optional: up to 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Remove leaves and stem from cauliflower, wash thoroughly and cut into florets.
- Add a couple of inches of water to a large pan over high heat and wait for the water to boil, once boiled, add the cauliflower florets and steam the cauliflower until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Drain the water off then add the minced garlic if using and the coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Give it a give stir to combine the ingredients and melt the butter or oil and then pour into a food processor*. You may have to do this in a couple of batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- Process until smooth, taste test, season with salt and pepper and add some coconut cream for a creamier texture.
*You can also mash the soft cauliflower by hand using a potato masher however the result won’t be as smooth and creamy. Alternatively you can use a blender (standing or hand held) instead of a food processor.
That’s all. Enjoy 🙂