- 2 chicken breast fillets (or equivalent thighs) or 500g chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- If using chicken breast or thighs, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth and combined. If using mince you can just mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Use your hands to form the patties, the smaller they are, they quicker they will cook but you can make them burger sized if you prefer.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil on a grill/sandwich press and when the oil is sizzling place all the patties on the grill. Alternatively you can cook the patties on a BBQ plate or in a fry pan.
- Cook the meatballs for five minutes then flip them and cook for an additional five to ten minutes (depending on the size) with the grill lid closed or with a lid on the fry pan.
- Serve warm with vegetables or in a lettuce or potato bun burger.