When your wanting a chocolatey sweet treat without all the yucky additives, sweeteners and preservative, then these balls of goodness are sure to hit the spot. This recipe using only 3 or 4 ingredients but you can play around with it and use different nuts, dried fruit, vanilla or peppermint extract, and protein powder. You can also roll them in desiccated coconut or goji berries if you want them to be pretty. I have to hide these from my sweet tooth husband or he’ll happily eat them all in one sitting.
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
- 1-2 Tbsp raw cacao, carob powder or a mix of both
- Feed the almonds and dates through the juicer or blend in a food processor
- Add the cacao or carob to the bowl and mix well to combine
- Roll mixture into balls and roll in desiccated coconut or extra carob/cacao
- Enjoy in moderation