Image courtesy of Balanced Bites
This meal is from Practical Paleo. My husband surprised me one night by cooking dinner and this was what he made. I was surprised at how amazing the meal was and have requested he make it since when we’ve had visitors over. Typically we serve this with a large salad or mixed roast vegetables.
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 tsp of smoky spice blend (below)
Smoky spice blend: Simply combine all ingredients. This makes a large batch so store the leftover spice blend in a container.
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with the smoky spice blend, then wrap each in 1 slice of bacon. Sprinkle with the remaining spice blend.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or grill on a grill press until chicken cooked through.